Tony has another great recipe for you to try out for your tailgate or football watching party! Here’s another one of his fabulous Football Foodies recipes!
Steak, Gorgonzola and Cherry Tomato Pizza
- 1 pizza dough (either a recipe or your favorite store bought, I like Trader Joe’s)
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- cilantro for serving
- steak marinade—
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- dash of black pepper
- dash of hot sauce
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl or dish. Place steak in bowl and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping steak halfway through.
- When the steak has finished marinating, preheat your grill (you could alternately make this under the broiler in the oven, which in case you would just turn your broiler on to “high”). Place steak on grill and grill for about six minutes per side. Steak is done when just a little pink inside and juices run clear. When in doubt, cut into it to test.
- Remove steak from grill (or broiler) and let rest on the counter for 10 minutes before slicing. While the steak is resting, prepare your pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you are using the Eat, Live, Run pizza dough recipe, slice away half and freeze for later. Roll the remaining dough thin on place on a sheet pan. Brush with pizza sauce and top with grated mozzarella cheese and cherry tomato halves.
- Slice steak into thin pieces and place on pizza. Top with gorgonzola cheese and onion.
- Place pizza in oven and immediately turn oven down to 425. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling. Right when you remove the pizza from the oven, scatter minced cilantro over top.
- active time— 20 minutes
- total time—1.25 hours (not including time to prepare dough)