In what used to be just another expanse of asphalt in the concrete jungle of downtown Dallas now stands a lush urban oasis for all to enjoy. Belo Garden opens today to the public, and this fabulous park is an emerald gem amongst the concrete and skyscrapers.
Located off Griffin between Main and Commerce in the shadow of the Bank of America tower, Belo Garden will provide a green escape from the offices of downtown.
Belo Garden is a 1.7 acre park that is not just another grassy green park, it’s an environmentally green area that will help to sustain itself. Deep soil, native materials, and water conservation make Belo Garden a model of sustainability. 109 trees have been planted around the park, and 75% are native Texas trees. Pair that with native grasses, low water use planting, as well as 100% fountain water recirculation and storm water collection and Belo Garden almost takes care of itself.
Come see the Fountain Plaza, Prairie Gardens, and Texas Grove. Walk down the paths or sit in the shade. Make Belo Garden a place to enjoy time away from the hustle and bustle of the office.
- VIDEO: Golf Heckler Gets Called Out By Pro; Wins $100 When He Sinks Tricky Putt
- VIDEO: Angry Customer Calmly Goes On iPhone Smashing Spree In Apple Store
- ‘Jurassic World 2’ Will Be Scarier And Have More Animatronics
- Texas Rangers Friday Night Win Clinched Home Field Advantage for Playoffs
- Ultimate Guide to Savings $$ at the State Fair of Texas
- Selena’s Makeup Line Launched Friday in Corpus Christi to Thousands of Fans
- Prince: Looking Back at ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ 25 Years Later
- ‘Stranger Things” Just Put Out A Casting Call For Women Who Are Willing To Cut Their Hair!
- Chipotle Is Giving Away $20 Million In Free Catering!
- Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Had Their Second Baby!