Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Lady Gaga Drops the ‘Illusion’ on ‘Joanne’
- Ezekiel Elliott Cleared Of Charges In Car Crash Incident
- New Drive-In Movie Theater Opens This Weekend in North Texas
- This “Peanuts” and “Stranger Things” Mashup Actually Works Really Well!
- Woman Leaves Apology Note And Gas Money After Returning Stolen Car!
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody
- Miley Cyrus IS Engaged To Liam Hemsworth, But She Doesn’t Like Her Ring
- Video Shows A Ghost Walking Around Walt Disney World!
- The 5 Worst Halloween Candies According To Gordon Ramsay
- Donald Trump Suggests Voting Machines In Texas Are Rigged