Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- You Have Been Lied To Your Entire Life About Alcohol!
- Nick Jonas Has A New Mystery Woman!
- Here Are Your Big Brother Contestants From DFW! We Can’t Wait To Watch!
- Sex And The City Could Be Coming Back To TV!
- Yesterday Was Mayor Monday And We Talked To The Famous William D. Tate From Grapevine!
- Amy Schumer Was On The Kiss Cam And Of Course It Was Hilarious!
- Miami Marlins Retired No.16 in Honor of Josè Fernàndez
- Exclusive New Scene From ‘Will & Grace’
- Zombies Spark Police Alert On English Highway
- Newlyweds Photobombed By Tom Hanks