Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Gaylord Texan ICE! Giveaway
- Hillary Clinton, Jeremy Piven, LeBron James And More Celebrate Cubs Making The World Series
- “Walking Dead” Star Norman Reedus: “Bring A Blankie” For Season Premiere
- Woman Suing KFC For $20 Million Because Bucket Wasn’t Filled To The Top
- Plano Man Fights Off Bobcat While Walking His Dog
- Queen Recorded A Fast Version Of “We Will Rock You,” And It Is INCREDIBLE!
- Taylor Swift Takes the Stage in Austin for First Concert in a Year
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Backstreet Boys Surprise Crowd at CBS Radio’s ‘We Can Survive’ Concert
- Sad Ending to Six Flags Mall in Arlington; Demolition Nearly Complete