After last week’s intriguing elimination, and save, of Jessica Sanchez the American Idol Top 7 Redux might have been the most anticipated show of the season. McKinney’s Hollie Cavanagh kicked off the show with a rousing performance of Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep”. But what did the Judges think?
Steven Tyler called the performance “perfect” and Jennifer Lopez said that was “just what we’ve been waiting for”. Hitting all the big notes has not been a problem for Hollie since the beginning of Idol. What she had been lacking was that connection with the song and with Rolling In The Deep she seemed to finally show that emotion the judges had been asking for.
Randy Jackson said he wouldn’t agree with Steven Tyler’s “perfect” review, but he did say, “I felt you, you had feeling, you had emotion.”
After all the contestants sang hits from the present, they had to throw out a “Then” song from back in the day. Hollie stepped up on stage with a fantastic rendition of “Son of a Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield. The upbeat song opened Hollie up again.
The judges liked her second performance even better than “Rolling in the Deep”. Randy raved, “You worked it out.” While J-Lo said Hollie is “showing a new composure.” Steven Tyler brought the only amount of critisim saying that she was amazing and her voice was great, but as far as the stage presence he suggested that Hollie “push it even more.”
Someone (maybe even two people) will be going home tonight. Find out if Hollie’s moving on to the next show tonight at 7pm on FOX.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Is Your Family Ready For Family Feud? Auditions Dec 3rd & 4th in Dallas
- Victoria Beckham’s Fashion Line Is Coming To Target In 2017
- Former Bachelor Contestants Found Love With Each Other
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Fearless’ Continued Her Country Reign
- Taco Bell Giving Away Free Doritos Locos Tacos
- It’s Chicken Fried Steak Day!
- Kourtney Kardashian Share Cute Throwback Pic Of Her And Kim On Halloween
- Parrot Rats Out Cheating Husband
- Katy Perry Shades Taylor Swift at Kanye West Concert
- Russell Wilson & Ciara Announce They’re Having a Baby