A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Apartment Complex Warns Residents Of Clown In The Woods
- MTV VMA’s Take A Linear TV Nosedive In Ratings
- Jimmy Fallon Ripping On Lochte Leaves Michael Phelps Very Entertaining
- Hurricane Katrina Hit 11 Years Ago Today, Here’s 11 Facts You Did Not Know
- Tanner Starts A Bromance When He Interviews The ChainSmokers, Check It Out!
- Marvel Did A Short Film On Where Thor Was For ‘Captain America: Civil War’ And It’s Hilarious
- “Ice Road Truckers” star Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash From Dallas
- Texas Troopers Will Be All Over The Roads Labor Day Weekend
- Taylor Swift Was Dismissed From Jury Duty Because She May Not Be Impartial
- Britney Spears Talks ‘Glory,’ Her VMA Performance and Vegas