A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Will & Grace Is Coming Back To TV
- Joe Jonas Tells The Truth About the Elevator Prank with Demi Lovato
- The Marlins Will All Wear No. 16 In Honor Of Jose Fernandez At Tonight’s Game
- Snapchat Releases “Spectacles” Glasses That Record Video
- Police Officer Entertains The Plano Balloon Festival Crowd With His Dance Moves
- Adam Levine Shares The First Pic Of Baby Dusty Rose
- Michelle Obama & George W. Bush’s Hug Has Gone Viral
- Lady Gaga Shares ‘Joanne’ Title Inspiration
- Did You Know Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Are 30! Check Out Their Hot Bikini Bods….
- Charlie Puth At The DFW Acura Performance Showroom