A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Backstreet Boys Surprise Crowd at CBS Radio’s ‘We Can Survive’ Concert
- Sad Ending to Six Flags Mall in Arlington; Demolition Nearly Complete
- Justin Hartley From ‘This Is Us’ Makes His Pecs Dance In Ellen’s Dunk Tank
- Watch The HYSTERICAL Dancing In Public: 90s Edition!
- Watch Bill Murray Crash White House Briefing To Chat About Chicago Cubs
- Watch This HILARIOUS Recap Of ‘The Walking Dead’!
- Netflix In November: What’s Coming And Going
- The Walking Dead: 7 Deaths That Hit Us The Hardest
- Guy Fieri Makes Announcement to Open New Restaurant in Arlington