With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- A Mother Dies While Saving Her 2-Year-Old Son
- Chelsea Handler Sits Down With Ann Coulter
- Drake Just Made A Sky High Purchase For Rihanna
- High School Students Turn To Internet To Voice There Concerns
- Woman Shoots Down Drone Over Robert Duvall’s House
- Is Your iPhone Safe? Apple Just Issued A Major Update To Their Operating System
- Prost! Details For Oktoberfest Fort Worth 2016!
- The Saddest Picture, This Couple Has Been Together For 62 Years And Have Been Sent To Different Nursing Homes
- Fort-Worth May Soon Be Smoke-Free
- Rangers Pitcher Arrested And Charged With DWI