With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Taylor Swift Takes the Stage in Austin for First Concert in a Year
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Backstreet Boys Surprise Crowd at CBS Radio’s ‘We Can Survive’ Concert
- Sad Ending to Six Flags Mall in Arlington; Demolition Nearly Complete
- Justin Hartley From ‘This Is Us’ Makes His Pecs Dance In Ellen’s Dunk Tank
- Watch The HYSTERICAL Dancing In Public: 90s Edition!
- Watch Bill Murray Crash White House Briefing To Chat About Chicago Cubs
- Watch This HILARIOUS Recap Of ‘The Walking Dead’!
- Netflix In November: What’s Coming And Going
- The Walking Dead: 7 Deaths That Hit Us The Hardest