With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Friends Again!
- Reese Witherspoon’s Opens Highland Park Village Store in Dallas
- Rob Kardashian Said His Sister Kim Was His First Childhood Crush
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Jet Crash-Lands In Spain
- Fifth Harmony Member Attacked In Mexico
- SMU Student Found Deceased in School Pool
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For September 29, 2016
- James Corden Sang With The Backstreet Boys The Other Night!
- John Stamos And Glen Powell Got Naked On ‘Scream Queens’
- This Guy Just Asked Himself To Homecoming And It’s Kind Of Romantic!