McKinney’s American Idol hopeful Hollie Cavanagh had to sing a song from her real-life idol. She chose to step up to the plate with a Carrie Underwood hit “Jesus Take The Wheel”.
Backstage before the performance when Cavanagh met with mentor Stevie Nicks, she was little flat at the first go at the song. But Nicks talked about upping the emotion and connecting with the lyrics. This transformed Cavanagh’s performance, enough to make Nicks cry in the rehearsal space.
When the pint sized Cavanagh took the stage she belted out a strong performance of the song by the former Idol winner. The reviews however came back a little mixed from the Judges.
Randy Jackson thought it was a little pitchy in the low range and he pointed out how hard it is to cover a former winners song like this.
Jennifer Lopez was on the opposite side and loved the performance and ranked it up there with her best performances so far.
Steven Tyler fell neatly between the other two judges saying, “I’m not gonna mess with Jesus and/or Carrie … I just wish you sang a different song.”
In the end, Cavanagh put a strong performance on stage and at 18 is showing a lot of growth on the show. She’s yet to tackle and upbeat song, but her voice certainly is in the top of this year’s final nine.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Blac Chyna Posted Rob Kardashian’s Phone Number To Make Him Stop Texting Other Women!
- President Obama Tries To Do The Splits With The Final Five!
- Walmart Is Selling The Most Offensive T-Shirt Ever!
- Demi Lovato Questions Artist Who Modified Her Breasts
- People Are Really Upset About Newspaper’s Boating Pun Following Jose Fernandez’s Death
- Fifth Harmony’s Ally Brooke Attacked (Again) on Stage
- We Talked To Greg Vaughan From The OWN Networks “Queen Sugar”
- Enrique Arochi Sentenced to Life in Prison for Christina Morris Kidnapping
- 3 Guests Lady Gaga Should Bring Out for Super Bowl Halftime
- This 3-Year-Old Is Going To Teach You How To Really Do Your Make-Up