A basset hound in England saved his own life by calling the police emergency line 999.
George, a two-year-old basset hound, had knocked his phone on the floor and became entagled in the wire. When he panicked he managed to phone 999 (Britain’s 911). The emergency operator informed the police who rushed over to the home of Steve Brown.
A family friend and neighbor saw them about to smash the door in and opened the door with a spare key. The officers sprinted in looking for a choking individual.
The neighbor, Paul Walker, walked into the living room and found a terrified George choking. He ripped the wire from around the dogs neck to save him.
“The police split up and ran through the house thinking someone had either been attacked or was desperately ill,” Walker told The Sun. “I went to look round as well and walked into this room and saw George choking. He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself. I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out.
“Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life. When the police came into the room and realised what had happened they burst out laughing.
“They told me they had been sent out because of a 999 call in which the operator could only hear heavy breathing and gasping. They thought someone had collapsed or been attacked.”
George is fine now and recovering nicely with his family.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For September 27, 2016
- Here Are The Best Musical Acts Worth Seeing At This Years State Fair!
- Rob Kardashian Tweeted Out Kylie And Kris Jenner’s Phone Numbers In A Fit Of Rage!
- Jennifer Aniston’s Husband Justin Theroux Comments on Brad-Angelina Split
- New Wristband Tells You When to Drink Water
- Good Friend Of Pitcher Jose Fernandez Sent Eeriest Text Just Before Fatal Boat Accident
- A “Sexy” Donald Trump Costume Actually Exists!
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- Katy Perry Has Officially Voted Naked To Help “Change The World!”
- Elementary School Replaces Detention with Meditation