Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- New “Hangover Free” Alcohol Is On The Way!
- iPhone 7 Users Destroy New Phone After YouTube Video Tells Them To Drill Into New Device
- Suspect Found And Charged In Washington State Mall Shooting
- At Least 8 Victims Confirmed At Mass Shooting In Downtown Baltimore
- MLB All-Star Jose Fernandez Killed In Boating Accident
- ‘Do The Right Thing’ Actor Bill Nunn “Radio Raheem” Dies at 62
- Here Is How Dak Prescott Honors The Memory of His Mother
- Woman Rushed To Hospital After Being Stabbed…By Her Dog
- Lubbock Teacher Surprised With Pair Of Jordans He’s Always Wanted
- Taco Bueno Named Best Mexican Restaurant In America