Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Giant Gator Has Been Spotted In Florida
- There’s A New Code For If You’re Feeling Unsafe On A Tinder Date
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Have Been Dating Longer Than You Think
- Cole Beasley Has Second Son Hours After Cowboy’s Loss
- Russell Wilson to Ciara After Seahawks Loss: ‘I Will Forever Win’ Because You
- Tip: Don’t Rely Solely On a Mobile App to Start Your Car
- A Man And His Cat Go Sledding Down A Steep Hill In Hilarious Video
- Check Out This List Of Martin Luther King Day Events Around DFW
- Was Last Night The Final Time We See Tony Romo In A Cowboy’s Uniform?
- R. Kelly: Will He Or Won’t He Perform At Trump Inauguration?