Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Is Your Family Ready For Family Feud? Auditions Dec 3rd & 4th in Dallas
- Victoria Beckham’s Fashion Line Is Coming To Target In 2017
- Former Bachelor Contestants Found Love With Each Other
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Fearless’ Continued Her Country Reign
- Taco Bell Giving Away Free Doritos Locos Tacos
- It’s Chicken Fried Steak Day!
- Kourtney Kardashian Share Cute Throwback Pic Of Her And Kim On Halloween
- Parrot Rats Out Cheating Husband
- Katy Perry Shades Taylor Swift at Kanye West Concert
- Russell Wilson & Ciara Announce They’re Having a Baby