Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Rangers Fan Grabs His Girlfriends Boob Live On TV While Being Interviewed!
- First Look At Season 2 Of ‘Scream Queens’
- Hidden Rainbow Hair Will Blow Your Mind!
- Bill Nye Show Is Coming To Netflix
- The First Direct Flight From The U.S. To Cuba In Over 50 Years
- Now You Can Pay For Your Dream Vacation With Monthly Installments
- Alicia Keys’ New Song ‘Back to Life’ Featured in Disney’s ‘Queen of Katwe’
- The Dallas Mavericks Are Having A “Basketball 101″ Ladies’ Night And Female Fans Are Mad!!!
- Brothel In Dallas Shut Down
- Plastic Surgeons Compose ‘The World’s Most Desirable Face’