Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- It’s October: Here Are The Scariest Haunted Attractions In DFW
- Robin Williams’ Widow: His Disease Was Like A “Terrorist In His Brain”
- VIDEO: Golf Heckler Gets Called Out By Pro; Wins $100 When He Sinks Tricky Putt
- VIDEO: Angry Customer Calmly Goes On iPhone Smashing Spree In Apple Store
- ‘Jurassic World 2’ Will Be Scarier And Have More Animatronics
- Texas Rangers Friday Night Win Clinched Home Field Advantage for Playoffs
- Ultimate Guide To Saving $$ At The State Fair Of Texas
- Selena’s Makeup Line Launched Friday in Corpus Christi to Thousands of Fans
- Prince: Looking Back at ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ 25 Years Later
- ‘Stranger Things” Just Put Out A Casting Call For Women Who Are Willing To Cut Their Hair!