Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Football Team Does The #Mannequin Challenge In The Middle Of A Game
- Jennifer Aniston Admits She Joined The “Mile High” Club In The Cockpit
- Hockey Player Loses His Cool And Beats Ref With His Stick
- This $50 Starbucks Gift Card Covered In Crystals Will Cost You $200
- Lady Gaga Gave Victoria Secret Models The Sweetest Gift After Their Show
- Train Announce New Album ‘a girl a bottle a boat’
- A Chick-Fil-A Food Truck Is On It’s Way!
- Two Found Dead on ‘Anthem of the Seas’ Cruise Ship
- Study Examines the Male Preoccupation With Women’s Breasts
- Student Writes Professor Email While Coming Down From Anesthesia And It’s Hilarious