Spring is hear and opening day for the Texas Rangers is only two weeks away. What better way to celebrate then with a classic ballpark hot dog? Well, you’ve probably never seen a dog this big.
In the new Captain Morgan Club at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington there is a new treat. It’s a two-foot one pound hot dog! That weight is just the dog and bun. You can add all the fixings and increase that weight.
If you are just a plain mustard and ketchup guy, this might not be your game time snack. You can add cheese, chili, sauteed onions, fries, and more.
“I don’t know how many calories are in this thing, but it’s got to be 2,000 or 3,000,” Casey Rapp, operations manager for Sportsservice who handle concessions at the park told ESPNDallas.com.
The dog is not meant for just a party of one. It is served on a cutting board and is intended for four people to share. Of course there are bound to be people that take on the “Champion Dog” by themselves.
“I don’t recommend it, but I’d be impressed,” Rapp said. “It’s almost as long as a youth bat. I’m sure fans will try it just to see if they can do it.”
So what about the players? Who do they think could shovel the dog down? They almost all said Outfielder David Murphy, even CEO Nolan Ryan pinned Murphy as the guy.
“If it’s plain, I think I could definitely do it,” Murphy said. “I’m not a big topping guy. Usually when I eat my hot dog, it’s with cheese. If I tried to do it by adding the chili, that would be a challenge. Even with the toppings, I’d be close.”
The ‘Champion Dog’ will be ready when the Rangers open the season on April 6th against the White Sox.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Guy Fieri Makes Announcement to Open New Restaurant in Arlington
- Richard Simmons Beverly Hills Exercise Studio Closing After 42 Years
- Bittersweet Reunion for Cast of ‘Martin’ Show at Tommy Ford’s Funeral
- Legendary Singer Selena Inducted into Texas Women’s Hall of Fame
- Taylor Swift’s Cat is Keeping Her Awake
- Weird Al Yankovic Made A Debate Song Called “Bad Hombre, Nasty Women”
- Adele Giveaway Week
- Amy Schumer Parodies Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’ Video
- Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton Had A Charity Roast Last Night!
- Waves Of Cyber Attacks Take Down Netflix, Twitter, And Spotify Today!