Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Jimmy Fallon Makes Fun Of The Dallas Cowboys Team Pictures!
- This Trash Filled Sanger Home Is The Most Viewed Real Estate Listing In The Country!
- Bachelorette Contestant Luke Pell Wrote A Song About Jojo Fletcher!
- Charlie Sheen Reprises ‘Major League’ Role to Tweet Support for Indians
- Alex Trebek Raps Drake On Jeopardy And It Was Glorious!
- Poll Shows Trump Outselling Clinton in Halloween Masks
- If You Want Something Done, Ask Face-to-Face Instead of Email
- Katy Perry Throws Shade At Taylor Swift While Dancing!
- Michael Phelps Was Already Married During the Rio Olympics
- Trump Slams Hillary Clinton For Attending Adele Concert!