Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Train Debut New Single ‘Play This Song’
- NFL Ratings Have Dropped From Same Time Last Year, Why?
- The First Woman In Playboy Featured Wearing A Hijab
- Joe Biden Guess Stars On Law And Order SVU
- Dj Khaled’s Book ‘The Keys’ Is Coming In November
- Janet Jackson Makes Rare Appearance With Baby Bump
- Texas Pizza Place Banning Gun Owners From Its Shop
- Man Tries To Kiss Kim Kardashian’s Booty and Gets The Boot, See The Video
- Kevin Hart Surpasses Jerry Seinfeld As Forbes Highest Paid Comic
- Vice President Joe Biden Is On ‘Law & Order” Tonight