As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Couple Wins Free Pizza For A Year Donates It All To Children’s Homeless Shelter!
- VIDEO: Teachers First Day Of School Rap Is The Best Thing You Will See Today!
- NSFW: University Of Texas Students Protest New Guns On Campus Law With Sex Toys!
- Love Field Named TripAdvisor’s Choice Favorite For Dining!
- One Person Shot At The Parks Mall In Arlington
- Britney Spears Lifetime Biopic
- Leslie Jones’ Personal Site Offline After Being Hacked
- New School Opens In West Three Years After Explosion
- Jennifer Lopez and Beau ‘Casper’ Smart Have Spilt Again
- Lewisville Teacher Is Changing The Way Kids Take PE Class