Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- Selena’s Makeup Line Launched Friday in Corpus Christi to Thousands of Fans
- ‘Stranger Things” Just Put Out A Casting Call For Women Who Are Willing To Cut Their Hair!
- Chipotle Is Giving Away $20 Million In Free Catering!
- Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Had Their Second Baby!
- We Can Survive Workday Trip-A-Day Giveaway
- Watch This Crazy Guy Run Through An Apple Store Crushing Phones!
- Fifth Harmony’s Ally Brooke Attacked By Fan On Stage!
- Trump Pup Just Won Halloween
- DC Comic Writer Confirms Wonder Women Is Gay
- We Talked To Woody The Drummer From Bastille Today!