George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Taylor Swift Gets a New Haircut, See The Pics!
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie Jenner’s Phone Number
- North Texas Wedding Photographer Ruins Bride’s Big Day
- Brad Pitt Is Not Dead, It’s A Hoax
- José Fernández Reportedly Arguing With Pregnant Girlfriend Before Fatal Boat Crash
- The Weeknd Cuts His Hair Off, See The Pic!
- Mary J. Blige Challenges Hillary Clinton with Bruce Springsteen Cover
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For September 27, 2016
- Here Are The Best Musical Acts Worth Seeing At This Years State Fair!
- Rob Kardashian Tweeted Out Kylie And Kris Jenner’s Phone Numbers In A Fit Of Rage!