George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Alicia Keys’ New Song ‘Back to Life’ Featured in Disney’s ‘Queen of Katwe’
- The Dallas Mavericks Are Having A “Basketball 101″ Ladies’ Night And Female Fans Are Mad!!!
- Brothel In Dallas Shut Down
- Plastic Surgeons Compose ‘The World’s Most Desirable Face’
- Video: Simone Biles Tumbles Down Stairs
- Supergirl Stunt Woman Jessie Graff Slays The American Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course!
- #VeteransForKaepernick Is Trending In Defense Of QB Colin Kaepernick
- Hooters Pleads Case As The ‘All-American’ Brand
- Construction Worker Airlifted After Falling into Elevator Shaft at DFW Airport
- Google Could Take Over Uber With New Ride Share Program!