The internet is littered with stories of unlikely animal companion pairs. From dogs adopting stray kittens to deer and cats, sometimes friendship transcends species. The latest unlikely duo can be found at the Erie Zoo in Pennsylvania. Samantha the gorrilla and Panda the Dutch rabbit have been inseparable since they were introduced to each other last month.
Samantha is a 47 year old western lowland gorilla who has been all by herself since her mate died in 2005. Too old to be repaired with another male gorilla, the zookeepers were still keen to find her a new pal.
Enter Panda. The little black and white bunny rabbit was first introduced to Samantha last month in a few short visits. They really hit it off. The gentle giant scratches Panda under his chin and even shares some of her food with him.
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Friends Again!
- Reese Witherspoon’s Opens Highland Park Village Store in Dallas
- Rob Kardashian Said His Sister Kim Was His First Childhood Crush
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Jet Crash-Lands In Spain
- Fifth Harmony Member Attacked In Mexico
- SMU Student Found Deceased in School Pool
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For September 29, 2016
- James Corden Sang With The Backstreet Boys The Other Night!
- John Stamos And Glen Powell Got Naked On ‘Scream Queens’
- This Guy Just Asked Himself To Homecoming And It’s Kind Of Romantic!