The internet is littered with stories of unlikely animal companion pairs. From dogs adopting stray kittens to deer and cats, sometimes friendship transcends species. The latest unlikely duo can be found at the Erie Zoo in Pennsylvania. Samantha the gorrilla and Panda the Dutch rabbit have been inseparable since they were introduced to each other last month.
Samantha is a 47 year old western lowland gorilla who has been all by herself since her mate died in 2005. Too old to be repaired with another male gorilla, the zookeepers were still keen to find her a new pal.
Enter Panda. The little black and white bunny rabbit was first introduced to Samantha last month in a few short visits. They really hit it off. The gentle giant scratches Panda under his chin and even shares some of her food with him.
- Justin Hartley From ‘This Is Us’ Makes His Pecs Dance In Ellen’s Dunk Tank
- Watch The HYSTERICAL Dancing In Public: 90s Edition!
- Watch Bill Murray Crash White House Briefing To Chat About Chicago Cubs
- Watch This HILARIOUS Recap Of ‘The Walking Dead’!
- Netflix In November: What’s Coming And Going
- The Walking Dead: 7 Deaths That Hit Us The Hardest
- Guy Fieri Makes Announcement to Open New Restaurant in Arlington
- Richard Simmons Beverly Hills Exercise Studio Closing After 42 Years
- Bittersweet Reunion for Cast of ‘Martin’ Show at Tommy Ford’s Funeral
- Legendary Singer Selena Inducted into Texas Women’s Hall of Fame