The internet is littered with stories of unlikely animal companion pairs. From dogs adopting stray kittens to deer and cats, sometimes friendship transcends species. The latest unlikely duo can be found at the Erie Zoo in Pennsylvania. Samantha the gorrilla and Panda the Dutch rabbit have been inseparable since they were introduced to each other last month.
Samantha is a 47 year old western lowland gorilla who has been all by herself since her mate died in 2005. Too old to be repaired with another male gorilla, the zookeepers were still keen to find her a new pal.
Enter Panda. The little black and white bunny rabbit was first introduced to Samantha last month in a few short visits. They really hit it off. The gentle giant scratches Panda under his chin and even shares some of her food with him.
- Alicia Keys’ New Song ‘Back to Life’ Featured in Disney’s ‘Queen of Katwe’
- The Dallas Mavericks Are Having A “Basketball 101″ Ladies’ Night And Female Fans Are Mad!!!
- Brothel In Dallas Shut Down
- Plastic Surgeons Compose ‘The World’s Most Desirable Face’
- Video: Simone Biles Tumbles Down Stairs
- Supergirl Stunt Woman Jessie Graff Slays The American Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course!
- #VeteransForKaepernick Is Trending In Defense Of QB Colin Kaepernick
- Hooters Pleads Case As The ‘All-American’ Brand
- Construction Worker Airlifted After Falling into Elevator Shaft at DFW Airport
- Google Could Take Over Uber With New Ride Share Program!