The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Gaylord Texan ICE! Giveaway
- Hillary Clinton, Jeremy Piven, LeBron James And More Celebrate Cubs Making The World Series
- “Walking Dead” Star Norman Reedus: “Bring A Blankie” For Season Premiere
- Woman Suing KFC For $20 Million Because Bucket Wasn’t Filled To The Top
- Plano Man Fights Off Bobcat While Walking His Dog
- Queen Recorded A Fast Version Of “We Will Rock You,” And It Is INCREDIBLE!
- Taylor Swift Takes the Stage in Austin for First Concert in a Year
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Backstreet Boys Surprise Crowd at CBS Radio’s ‘We Can Survive’ Concert
- Sad Ending to Six Flags Mall in Arlington; Demolition Nearly Complete