The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Kate Gosselin Says Her 12-Year-Old Son Has Special Needs
- Here Is How MTV Picks The Seating Arrangement For The VMA’s?
- Photos Show Cat ‘Thor’ With Striped Fur Resembling Bengal Tiger
- 5 Kardashian Weight Loss Tips That Could Actually Work!
- Britney Spears Would Totally Do the Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Cops Got Bored At The State Fair And Created Their Own Version Of ‘Summer Nights’ From Grease
- Reporter Finds KFC’s Secret Recipe On Accident!
- Dez Bryant Angry That His Player Score On Madden 17 Isn’t High Enough!
- How Much Income Do You Need to Buy a House in DFW?
- Courtney Stodden Shaves Her Head And Impersonates Justin Bieber!