The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- You Can Now Pay To Be More Popular On Tinder!
- Screams Friday Giveaway
- Beyoncé Shows Off New Ivy Park Collection
- Blake Shelton Doppelganger Fools Security, Fans in Fargo
- The Weeknd Surprises with New Single ‘False Alarm’
- California CEO Pays Employees to Take Vacations
- Apple Might Be Sharing Your iMessages With The Police
- Hate Panty Lines? Stick-On Underwear Will Solve That!
- The Top 10 Greatest TV Shows Of All Time
- Underboob Is All The Rage Now! Ton’s Of Celebrities Are Doing It!