This morning, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Mayer[/lastfm] posted on his blog that he would be taking a break from performing for an indefintite period of time. If you remember, last year he was one of a handful of musicians, including[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm], having to have surgery on their vocal chords. According to this morning’s blog post, Mayer’s granuloma has returned where the previous one had been removed.
Mayer reports that he had noticed his voice was a little off, so he had his doctor examine the issue. It was discovered that another granuloma had formed were the previous one had been removed and was healed for the most part. The only course of action is to have another surgery and a “long chemically-imposed period of silence.”
This means concert dates for next Thursday and Friday, March 15th and 16th, at Winstart Casino will be cancelled. Mayer’s upcoming album “Born And Raised” is still one track to be released May 22nd, and he will begin writing the next album immediately.
Read John Mayer’s blog post HERE.
- The New York Public Library Has A Human Google
- Twitter Has Announced That Vine Is Over
- Lady Gaga’s Isolated ‘SNL’ Vocals Show She’s in a League of Her Own
- Michael Bublé Talks New Album, Baby-Making
- Dallas Holocaust Museum Expanding
- Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black’ Turns Ten
- A Will & Grace Reboot Is In The Works
- Texas A&M Student Hit Police Car After Taking Topless Snapchat Pic For Boyfriend
- Jimmy Fallon Makes Fun Of The Dallas Cowboys Team Pictures!
- This Trash Filled Sanger Home Is The Most Viewed Real Estate Listing In The Country!