A few weeks ago we showed you the 10 worst breakfast cereals your children are eating. Well here are some alternative foods that are actually healthier for your kids, but you would never consider giving them.
Sounds unbelievable, but they have less sugar than a bowl of Honey Smacks. Twinkies have 18 grams of sugar per roll, but Honey Smacks has 20 grams per roll.
Klondike Ice Cream Sandwich
One cup of Golden Crisps has 18.7 grams of sugar, and Klondike ice cream sandwich’s has only 16 grams of sugar. So try giving the kids ice cream in the morning.
Milano Double Chocolate Cookies
2 of these Delicious cookies only contain 10 grams of sugar. Far better than most of your children’s cereal offenders.
Hardly a healthy snack, but when you put it up against a bowl of Cap’n Crunch it wins. 14 grams of sugar vs. 15 grams of sugar.
Speaking of Cap’n Crunch, why not just have four Jolly Ranchers instead. Even though they are pretty much entirely made out of sugar they still have less than a bowl of the Cap’n. 14.7 grams for the candy, and 16 grams for the cereal.
Who needs Oh!s cereal when you can just have seven pixy stix for the same amount of sugar. Less actually the fistful of Pixy Stix only contains 15 grams of sugar as opposed to the 16 grams in a bowl of Oh!s.
Why have one cup of Kellogg’s Smorz cereal when you could have three Chips Ahoy cookies. The cereal has 13 grams of sugar and the cookies only have 11 grams of sugar.
Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut
When you think Krispy Kreme, you think sugar. However that’s not the same thing that pops in your head when you think Apple Jacks. Well it should be. One doughnut only contains 10 grams of sugar, but one cup of the cereal has 12 grams.
No matter how you eat your Oreos they will always have less sugar than Cap’n Crunch. Three cookies contains 14 grams of sugar one cup of the cereal has 14.7 grams.
Starbucks Iced Caffe Latte
Next time your kid wants a bowl of Fruit Loops maybe you should hand him a Grande Iced Caffe Latte instead. The coffee actually has one less gram of sugar than the cereal. However you’re probably just replacing the sugar rush for a caffeine high.
- One Person Shot At The Parks Mall In Arlington
- Britney Spears Lifetime Biopic
- Leslie Jones’ Personal Site Offline After Being Hacked
- New School Opens In West Three Years After Explosion
- Jennifer Lopez and Beau ‘Casper’ Smart Have Spilt Again
- Lewisville Teacher Is Changing The Way Kids Take PE Class
- Body Found In Trinity River Is Speculated To Be Missing SMU Police Officer
- At Least 120 Dead After 6.2 Earthquake in Central Italy
- Impact: Britney Spears Returns to ‘Glory’
- Courteney Cox Opens Up About Plastic Surgery and Divorce on Running Wild