She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Tons Of Hotels Were Busted Not Changing The Sheets For New Guests!
- Research Shows Health Benefits From ‘Fall Scents’
- This Woman Dropped Her Husband’s Lunch In His Sun Roof From The Balcony!
- Plano Opens New Store Where Teachers Shop For Free!
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Have ‘Ironclad Prenup;’ Divorce Will Be About Custody
- Tarrant County Woman Gives Birth to Third Set of Naturally-Conceived Twins
- Dallas Cowboys Show Off Food Items At New Stadium Restaurant
- These 5 Things We Eat Everyday Are Banned In Other Countries!
- Jill Scott, Tyrese to Perform Soul Train Weekend 2016
- These Guys Tried A $7, $17, And $777 Burger! What They Found Out Will Shock You!