Last week, a teen fighting cancer for the second time asked Taylor Swift to be his date to prom. Though she couldn’t make it to his prom, the singer invited him to be her red carpet date instead.
“Kevin, I’m so sorry but I won’t be able to make it to your prom. But I was wondering, the ACM Awards are coming up.. Would you be my date?” she wrote on her Facebook page.
CBS Philadelphia was with 18-year-old Kevin McGuire at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia when he received the news. Watch the video after the jump.
“I’m just trying not to throw up,” he said. “I don’t know what to say.”
Once reality set in, he let CBS know his answer.
“Taylor I would love to go with you. Thank you,” McGuire replied.
When McGuire told his sister Tori about his worries that no one would want to attend prom with someone who is bald, she mentioned Swift.
“I said what if I got Taylor Swift to go to the prom with you? His eyes lit up for the first time since he was diagnosed,” Tori said.
His sister started a Facebook petition asking Swift to attend prom with her brother. With nearly 80,000 members on Facebook Friday and #TeamKevin trending on Twitter, the McGuires anxiously awaited a response from Swift.
“I just wanted to make the last part of his senior year very special,” his sister said.
Having just accepted his red carpet offer, the ACM Awards will no doubt be a memorable night for McGuire.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Baby Getting Jealous Every Time His Parents Kiss Has Gone Viral!
- Check Out This iPhone Case That Looks Like An Exploded Samsung
- MetLife Fires Snoopy After 31 Years
- VIDEO: Dallas Police Were Called To Mavericks Basketball Court During Dance Faceoff
- Texas Student Saves The Day By Singing The Star-Spangled Banner
- Bon Jovi Hits Broadway to Play New Album
- Happy Birthday Kim Kardashian, Check Out Throwback Pictures Of Her Sweet 16!
- Lady Gaga Reveals ‘Joanne’ is about Her Sexually Assaulted Aunt
- 5 Best Songs on Lady Gaga’s Personal, Spirited ‘Joanne’
- Watch A Kid Blow Chunks At The State Fair Of Texas