A dog rescued from an icy pond in the US may be put down after it bit a news anchor during a live television interview in Denver.
Kyle Dyer was rushed to hospital after being bitten by Max, an Argentine Mastiff, on a Colorado’s 9NEWS morning program on Wednesday morning.
Max was on the show after being pulled from a freezing reservoir by a firefighter on Tuesday after it fell through the ice while chasing a coyote.
Dyer suffering bite wounds to her face and is in a “fair condition” at Denver Health Medical Centre.
“I just adore dogs, but I’m especially happy to meet you after your story yesterday,” Dyer said to the mastiff as she patted him during the interview. “You’re gorgeous.”
As the interview ended Dyer leaned in towards Max in a show of affection but the dog bared its teeth and snapped at the news anchor before owner Michael Robinson was able to restrain it.
“So you may have seen Kyle get bit by the dog in the 7am hour,” co-anchor Gary Shapiro wrote on Facebook. “All we know for sure is that he got her on the lip, and she’s being treated for the injury at the hospital.”
Max’s owner will be cited for leash law violations, not having control of the dog and not vaccinating it for rabies.
The animal is not showing signs of rabies but may be put down anyway.
See the video below. WARNING: GRAPHIC
- New Wristband Tells You When to Drink Water
- Good Friend Of Pitcher Jose Fernandez Sent Eeriest Text Just Before Fatal Boat Accident
- A “Sexy” Donald Trump Costume Actually Exists!
- Katy Perry Has Officially Voted Naked To Help “Change The World!”
- Elementary School Replaces Detention with Meditation
- Here Are The Most Savage Things Grandmothers Have Ever Said!
- Katy Perry Gets Naked to Get Out the Vote
- Rick Perry Is Going To Need Our Help To Advance In Dancing With The Stars!
- Selena Gomez Becomes First with 100 Million Instagram Followers
- You Have Been Lied To Your Entire Life About Alcohol!