Hey moms and dads out there, do you know what your teen girl might be trying to find out from the millions of people on the internet? A new trend among teen and tween girls is to post a video on YouTube asking if they are ugly or pretty. And relying on the comments and “likes” and “dislikes” for their answer.
The issue was brought up on the TODAY show. You can see their story here.
I don’t know if I want the trolls out there on the internet telling my little girl what is and isn’t attractive. Here is one video put up by a young girl named Faye.
TODAY show contributor Dana Macario says this about the trend:
Dozens of tween and young teen girls have decided to poll the YouTube audience to find out how pretty or ugly Internet trolls think they are. The girls pose and flaunt, asking strangers to tell them if they’re cute. While the girls post videos with headlines reading, “Am I ugly?,” the main question for many viewers is whether these vulnerable girls should have such unrestricted Internet access. Please, check your kids’ YouTube accounts.
The key is to teach kids that it is not what people see on you or about how you look, but about your personality, who you are as a person, and it shouldn’t matter what other people think. Whether you know them, or they are just surfing YouTube.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Couple Seeks Help Solving Puppy’s Medical Mystery of Contorted Front Legs
- Richardson Couple Says Their Dog Was Killed Over Their Support for Hillary Clinton
- Report: ‘Today’ Staff ‘Embarrassed’ by Al Roker’s Comments About Ryan Lochte
- TCU Shuts Down Fraternity Due To Possession Of Drugs, Guns, Alcohol And ‘Cultural’ Issues
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For August 25, 2016!
- Christina Grimmie Appears in Posthumously Released ‘Deception’ Video
- You Can Turn Old Ticket Stubs Into Floor Mats Now And They Are Awesome!
- Katy Perry Feels Sorry for ‘Catfish’ Man
- Beyoncé Remembers Aaliyah
- Woman Finds Winning Lottery Ticket in ‘Messy Purse’