For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- ‘Stranger Things” Just Put Out A Casting Call For Women Who Are Willing To Cut Their Hair!
- Chipotle Is Giving Away $20 Million In Free Catering!
- Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Had Their Second Baby!
- We Can Survive Workday Trip-A-Day Giveaway
- Watch This Crazy Guy Run Through An Apple Store Crushing Phones!
- Fifth Harmony’s Ally Brooke Attacked By Fan On Stage!
- Trump Pup Just Won Halloween
- DC Comic Writer Confirms Wonder Women Is Gay
- We Talked To Woody The Drummer From Bastille Today!
- Blac Chyna Posted Rob Kardashian’s Phone Number To Make Him Stop Texting Other Women!