For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Nick Jonas’s Bulge Was On Full Display At The VMA’s
- These Two Guys Spent The Night In An IKEA And Didn’t Get Caught!
- Here Are The Funniest Tweets From The VMA’s Last Night!
- We Talked To Mayor Maso From Frisco About The Star Today
- Here Is The Interview With Camila From Fifth Harmony
- Enter For Your Chance To Win A All-Inclusive Trip To Mexico From Exotico Tequila
- Kanye West Reportedly “Skips” Rehearsal For Tonight’s MTV Video Music Awards
- Bill Gates’ Net Worth Reaches $90 Billion!
- Japanese Nightclub Only Allows One Male Per Night, All Women Enter For Free
- Italian Wingsuit Pilot Broadcasts Own Death Live On Facebook