For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- 28 Cheap And Easy Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas
- Justin Timberlake Runs Into Fans While Voting!
- Reasons To Use A Credit Card vs. Debit Card
- Dating App Caters to Unhappy People Who Call It Like It Is
- You Are Not Allowed To Take Selfies At Voting Booths!
- Dear Lord In Heaven! A Giant Spider Tries To Eat A Rat!
- Teen Wakes Up From Coma And Speaks Fluent Spanish!
- President Obama Burns Donald Trump While Reading Mean Tweets
- The American Academy Of Pediatrics Says Room-Sharing Can Prevent SIDS By Up To 50%
- 11 Totally Epic Taylor Swift Squad Moments