Matt Lauer has said that he is leaving “Today” in December of this year, when his contract expires.
However, recently he has softened his stance if NBC is willing to back the Brinks truck up to his house.
TMZ is reporting that Lauer, who is currently making $17 million a year, is seeking a record breaking $30 million a year.
Yeah that would be enough money from leaving my job too.
TMZ gives a few theories going around NBC to why there was a change of heart from Lauer.
Some say that he changed his mind because he was jealous that the network had shown real interest in replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.
Another theory is that Lauer wanted to re-sign all along, and was just using the “I’m leaving” card to try and squeeze more money out of NBC.
$30 million may seem like quite a lot of money to you and me, but when you look at the fact that “Today” brings in about $450 million to the network, more than any other show, it seems like just a drop in the bucket.
- Apartment Complex Warns Residents Of Clown In The Woods
- MTV VMA’s Take A Linear TV Nosedive In Ratings
- Jimmy Fallon Ripping On Lochte Leaves Michael Phelps Very Entertaining
- Hurricane Katrina Hit 11 Years Ago Today, Here’s 11 Facts You Did Not Know
- Tanner Starts A Bromance When He Interviews The ChainSmokers, Check It Out!
- Marvel Did A Short Film On Where Thor Was For ‘Captain America: Civil War’ And It’s Hilarious
- “Ice Road Truckers” star Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash From Dallas
- Texas Troopers Will Be All Over The Roads Labor Day Weekend
- Taylor Swift Was Dismissed From Jury Duty Because She May Not Be Impartial
- Britney Spears Talks ‘Glory,’ Her VMA Performance and Vegas