What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Man Tries To Kiss Kim Kardashian’s Booty and Gets The Boot, See The Video
- Kevin Hart Surpasses Jerry Seinfeld As Forbes Highest Paid Comic
- Vice President Joe Biden Is On ‘Law & Order” Tonight
- Alec Baldwin Debuts as Trump in New SNL Teaser
- Bride To Be Makes Out With Guy At Bachelorette Party! Fiance Calls Off The Wedding!
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’ Video Gets a Fashion Facelift
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For September 28, 2016
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott Is Dating Johnny Manziel’s Playboy Ex
- Ohio Police Officer Drives Grieving Man 100 Miles To be With His Family
- Difficulty Falling Asleep? Try Sunglasses At Night, Researchers Say