A study performed in the Netherlands has determined that men become dumber in the presence of women. Women everywhere will tell you that it is no surprise.
According to Men’s Health, the Dutch group conducting the study gathered 71 college students, both male and female, and set them to work on tasks to measure cognitive ability. During one of the tasks, the students were told they would be monitored by a member of the opposite sex.
The cognitive performance of the male students dropped nearly 14 percent despite not knowing who the woman monitoring them was or what she looked like. On the other hand, the women in the group performed better under the watchful eye of a man.
Why did the men’s performance drop? Lead study author Sanne Nauts thinks that the men are preparing themselves for a possible interaction. They are thinking of things to say to the woman to impress her in the event they meet her. All this takes away from their ability to focus on the task at hand.
It’s all attributed to the good old mating ritual. Men are the ones that have to perform for the approval of a woman, while the woman sits back, judges, and picks the best man.
- Here Is Your Dose Of Sass For September 27, 2016
- Here Are The Best Musical Acts Worth Seeing At This Years State Fair!
- Rob Kardashian Tweeted Out Kylie And Kris Jenner’s Phone Numbers In A Fit Of Rage!
- Jennifer Aniston’s Husband Justin Theroux Comments on Brad-Angelina Split
- New Wristband Tells You When to Drink Water
- Good Friend Of Pitcher Jose Fernandez Sent Eeriest Text Just Before Fatal Boat Accident
- A “Sexy” Donald Trump Costume Actually Exists!
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- Katy Perry Has Officially Voted Naked To Help “Change The World!”
- Elementary School Replaces Detention with Meditation