[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]’s “21” has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- Man Smashes Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star
- This Guy Made His Cigarette Float In Mid Air And The Internet Lost It’s Mind!
- Don’t Let Daylight Savings Time Sneak Up On You This Year!
- Lady Gaga Joins James Corden For Carpool Karaoke!
- Our Very Own Leigh Ann Adam Is Going To Be A Guest Judge At Somm Wars!
- Want To Be On Survivor? Open Casting Call In Grapevine November 4th!
- Two Female ‘Bachelor’ Contestants Fell In Love With Each Other On The Show And We Love It
- Gwyneth Paltrow And Chris Martins Kids Have Amazing Voices! Check This Out!
- Bruno Mars Works With Adele And Calls Her ‘A Diva’
- Sia’s Theatrical Arena Spectacle Dazzles