In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- Plano Opens New Store Where Teachers Shop For Free!
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Have ‘Ironclad Prenup;’ Divorce Will Be About Custody
- Tarrant County Woman Gives Birth to Third Set of Naturally-Conceived Twins
- Dallas Cowboys Show Off Food Items At New Stadium Restaurant
- These 5 Things We Eat Everyday Are Banned In Other Countries!
- Jill Scott, Tyrese to Perform Soul Train Weekend 2016
- These Guys Tried A $7, $17, And $777 Burger! What They Found Out Will Shock You!
- Snapchat Sun Glasses That Record Video Are The Coolest Thing You Have Ever Seen!
- 8 Gross Things We All Do At Home But Don’t Talk About!
- Canned Pumpkin Isn’t Actually Pumpkin! You Have Been Lied To Your Entire Life!