Now Kelly Clarkson will be singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl this coming February.
It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but her publicist has said that the original American Idol winner will be belting “The Star Spangled Banner” at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis on February 5th.
The broadcast will also feature [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Madonna[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nicki Mainaj[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]M.I.A[/lastfm]. during halftime show.
This makes Kelly the third American Idol to be on Francis Scott Key duty on Super Sunday. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jordan Sparks[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] beat her to the job. Kelly has done well in the past singing the Anthem in stadiums, which makes her a great candidate for the job.
Of course the bar has been set pretty low after [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm]’s blunder last year. Let’s all hope Kelly can remember all the words and put them in the right order.
We love Kelly and think hearing here sing the National Anthem at the big game will be a real treat.
Do you think Kelly deserves it? Or who would you pick to sing the Anthem? Leave your answer in the comments.
- Ezekiel Elliott Spends First NFL Paycheck on House for Parents
- Ryan Reynolds Just Accidentally Revealed The Sex Of His Baby
- There Are Real Superheros Among Us, Just Ask The Woman Who Was Saved By One
- Trailer For Nintendo’s Next Console, Nintendo Switch Was Just Released
- Quit Comparing Lady Gaga to Madonna
- Video Goes Viral As Dallas Woman Dances Through Chemo
- Security Footage Has Surfaced From Kim Kardashian Robbery
- Janet Jackson’s ‘Nasty’ Sees Big Bump after Donald Trump’s Debate Comment
- Arlington Thieves Take Selfies With Stolen Phones; Photos Automatically Sent To Victim’s Computer
- Nicki Minaj Trolls Donald Trump Over ‘Bad Hombres’ Comment