Jay-Z and Beyonce just had a little girl they named Blue Ivy. Jay-Z wasted no time laying down the lyrics to a song “Glory” for his new bundle of joy. We compiled a list of 21 other songs musical artists have wrote for their kids.
Some of these you probably knew the story behind, others you might have had no idea.
1. A Young Gypsy – Joan Baez
Written for her son Gabriel.
2. Beautiful Boy – John Lennon
Written for his son Sean.
3. Blurry – Puddle of Mudd
Written for the singer Wes Scantlin’s son Jordan
4. Flowers For Zoe – Lenny Kravitz
Written for Zoe, his daughter.
5. Forever Young – Rod Stewart
Rod took the lyrics of the Bob Dylan classic and rewrote them for his children Sean and Kimberley.
6. Little Green – Joni Mitchell
Written for the child Joni Mitchell gave up for adoption.
7. Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel) – Billy Joel
Written for his daughter Alexa Ray.
8. Ready, Set, Don’t Go – Billy Ray Cyrus
Written for his daughter, Miley Cyrus
9. Sail To The Moon – Radiohead
Written for Noah, son of Thom Yorke.
10. Tears In Heaven – Eric Clapton
Written for Clapton’s son Conor who fell out of a 53rd floor window when he was just 4 years old.
11. With Arms Wide Open – Creed
Scott Stapp wrote this when he found out he was going to be a father.
12. Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones
For Keith Richard’s son Marlon
13. Stay – Fabolous
Written for his son Johan.
14. Out of Exile – Audioslave
Written about the happiness of expecting a child Chris Cornell felt while his wife was pregnant with their son Christopher.
15. Kooks – David Bowie
Written for David’s son Zowie
16. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
For Aisha, his daughter.
17. Here For Your – Neil Young
Written for his daughter who was in her last year of college at the time.
18. Mouth’s Cradle – Björk
Written about her daughter Isadora and the joys of motherhood.
19. Song For The Baby – Kelis
Written about Kelis and Nas’s son Knight.
20. All My Love – Led Zeppelin
Written for Robert Plant’s Son Karac who died of a stomach infection when he was just 5 years old.
21. Animal Instinct – The Cranberries
Written for Taylor, the son of Delores O’Riordan.
22. Glory – Jay-Z
Written for his and Beyoncé’s daughter Blue Ivy.
- One Person Shot At The Parks Mall In Arlington
- Britney Spears Lifetime Biopic
- Leslie Jones’ Personal Site Offline After Being Hacked
- New School Opens In West Three Years After Explosion
- Jennifer Lopez and Beau ‘Casper’ Smart Have Spilt Again
- Lewisville Teacher Is Changing The Way Kids Take PE Class
- Body Found In Trinity River Is Speculated To Be Missing SMU Police Officer
- At Least 120 Dead After 6.2 Earthquake in Central Italy
- Impact: Britney Spears Returns to ‘Glory’
- Courteney Cox Opens Up About Plastic Surgery and Divorce on Running Wild