Santa (as his true self and as a variety of impostors) has been a bonafide movie star for over 60 years now. In tribute to jolly old St. Nick, we take a look at his place in film history.10. Elf (2003)Will Ferrel can easily spot phony Santa (Artie Lange)….because he actually works for the REAL Santa (Ed Asner).
9. Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)The first major feature film to be shot almost entirely in Orlando, Jim Varney’s Ernest searches to find a replacement for an aging Santa.8. Santa Claus (1959)This bizarre Mexican entry has Santa employing children from around the world while joining forces with Merlin to battle the Devil, as the red horny dude tries to corrupt the kiddies.
7. Santa Claus: The Movie (1985)From the producers of Superman, Santa Claus: The Movie explores the myth of the man with David Huddleston as Santa and Dudley Moore as his elf Patch.
6. The Silent Partner (1978)A scary shopping mall Santa, played by Christopher Plummer, has a bank heist on his mind in this Canadian thriller.5. The Santa Clause (1994)When he accidentally knocks Santa out on Christmas Eve, Tim Allen is forced to take over the job.
4. Tales From The Crypt (1972)Joan Collins is an evil woman who gets a visit from an equally evil Santa in the All Through The House segment of the original Tales from the Crypt.
3. Bad Santa (2003)Billy Bob Thornton is one of the scariest AND funniest Santas of all time, with a potty mouth that just won’t quit (thus the clip below).2. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)Rivaling the campiness of our #8 entry, this film appears on almost every conceivable list of the the worst films of all time and became a Comedy Central holiday staple when the Mystery Science Theater 3000 folks got hold of it. You can view the entire feature below.1. Miracle on 34th Street (1947)The granddaddy of all Santa films, Miracle on 34th Street makes a believer out of us all year after year.If you have any cinematic Santas to suggest, let us know!