The body’s metabolism is the key to dropping weight and keeping your vital organs function smoothly, and the faster it runs, the more calories are burned, which results in more weight loss.
You metabolism breaks down everything you eat and turns it into the energy you need throughout the day, and if it’s been lagging due to poor diet or lack of exercise, there are a few round the clock tips to help speed up your metabolism so more calories are burned 24 hours a day!
1. Early bedtime: We all know the benefits a suggested 8 hours of sleep every night produces, with one of those being a faster metabolism. Research has shown that those who sleep less than 7.5 hours a day have am increase in body mass index because of hormones leptin and ghrelin that regulate appetite are thrown off.
2. Load up on protein: Eating as much as 35% more protein with meals with help build and maintain muscle mass, which helps burn more calories that fat does. The more muscle you build, the more energy is used and calories burned, even while sleeping! Diets should include around 30 grams of protein everyday for the best results.
3. Go organic: Buying organic fruits and veggies is not only healthier for your body, it’s better for your metabolism. Eating produce showered with pesticides can stall your metabolism and store those unhealthy chemicals in your fat cells. Although the switch to all organic can be costly, the health benefits for buying organic pay for themselves.
4. Stand up: People who have desk jobs know the back aches, cramped legs and soreness that comes with sitting all day long. Sitting for four hours causes a near shutdown of enzymes that control fat and cholesterol, which stops any burning of calories. Remember to get up and take walking breaks throughout the day to not only break up the monotony, but also wake up you metabolism!
5. Drink cold water: Researchers at University of Utah found that people who drink 8-12 glasses of water everyday had higher metabolic rates compared to those who drank four glasses. Keeping your water chilled boosts an even faster metabolism because your body burns a few calories when warming the water to its core temperature as you drink. Habitual practice drinking 8 glasses of water everyday adds up to more weight loss at zero effort!