Gene and Julie Have The Info On Operation Gratitude

candy Gene and Julie Have The Info On Operation Gratitude

Everyone loves Halloween candy, and often we overstock on the delicious treats as we begin the holiday season.

This year, instead of letting the candy you’re not so fond of just lie around, you can donate them to a great cause!

Operation Gratitude is a non-profit organization that sends care packages and personal letters of appreciation addressed to individually named U.S. Service Members deployed in hostile regions such as Iraq and Afghanistan, and on military ships at sea.

In the spirit of giving this holiday season, Gene and Julie have the details on how you can take part in this great event!

103.7 Lite FM will be at 4 McDonald’s locations in the DFW area to collect extra candy for the troops from 7am-9am this Monday, November 1.

LOCATIONS:

• 2551 Gus Thomasson Road (Dallas)
  • 1001 Highway 287 (Mansfield)
  • 1704 W Randol Mill Road (Arlington)
  • 5004 State Highway 121 (Plano)

Items that you can donate:

• Candy
  • Energy bars
  • Snack foods
  • Hot and cold drink mixes
  • Beef jerky
  • Trial Mix
  • T-shirts
  • Hats
  • Socks
  • Scarves
  • DVD’s
  • CD’s
  • International phone cards
  • Toothpaste
  • Sunscreen
  • Lip balm
Comments

1. Gina Hilton says:

I wish there were other locations for the drop off or additional dates.

2. debbie says:

I can’t make it between 7 & 9 a.m. because I work can we bring it later or will you set up another place after 5:00 pm for working people?

3. Eula says:

Gene & Julie,
    I have tons of candy left over–but I am at work and not able to make one of the Operation Gratitude drop off spots. Is anyone else at 103.7 doing this? Please let me know how I can help. Thanks for having a great station to listen to on my way to work every morning! Eula

4. Debbie says:

Can you extend this through tomorrow? I can collect a lot of candy from work but only have today to notify people about it.

5. Stacy says:

I found a site where you can put in your zip code & find local dentist in the area where you can donate the candy and they forward it on to Operation Gratitude.

6. Nancy says:

I run a local non profit organization that also sends care packages to our troops in Iraq/Afghanistan In existence for 5 years now, we currently have a reach of 12,000 soldiers. Were you aware of our great work? Please visit our website at http://www.airborneangelcadets.com and learn more about us!!

7. MaryDK says:

Is there an address we can mail the candy to? I didn’t know about the drop time & locations. I wish there was one in Fort Worth or MidCities.

8. nancy says:

i have plenty of candy i would like to give but i didnt hear in time. is there any place i can drop it off for the troops. i live in Lewisville. thanks, nancy